CRITERIA FOR DETERMINING HI-TECH PROJECTS
(According to Decision No. 27/2006/QD-BKHCN dated December 18th 2006 by the Minister of Science and Technology)
- The projects must operate in hi-tech areas of investment encouragement as stipulated by the Decree No. 99/2003/ND-CP dated August 28th, 2003 of the Vietnamese Government.
- The project’s products made in the hi-tech parks must be on the List of Investment encouraged hi-tech products issued with the Decision No. 66/2014/QD-CP dated November 25th, 2014 and Decision No.13/2017/QD-CP dated April 28th, 2017 of the Vietnamese Prime Minister.
- Total expenditure for R&D carried out in Vietnam (including: technical infrastructure construction for research, R&D activities, researcher training) must account for at least 5% of the total annual revenue; or the cost of R&D in Vietnam must account for at least 1% of the total annual revenue.
- The number of laborers having undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications that involved directly in the projects’ R&D must account for at least 5% of the project’s total workforce.
- Project’s technological chain must get advanced level satisfying the following requirements: production activities are specialized and organized with automation methods, of which at least one-third of the proportion of automated equipments have to be controlled under set programs and installed in industrially hygienic workplaces as stipulated by the Vietnamese laws.
- Quality management system of the projects must meet the international professional standards (such as ISO 9000/2001, CMM or GMP, etc...) and the enterprise management must be computerized.
- The projects must comply with the environmental regulations and technical standards in the respectively operation areas as prescribed by the Vietnamese laws. Projects which are certified with the international environment standards such as ISO 14000 or equivalents are highly encouraged.